2017 version - Final Quality is not working on Windows

acsm

Question

While I was using 2016 version, had no problem at all. After updating to 2017, Renderworks Final Quality stopped working. I can't see anything but a blank window with this mode on. Open GL works fine, but  it's not enought to finish a project and get to the best image (to figure the reflexion - glasses, mirrors etc - , lighting and all features Final Quality provides better than Open GL).

I have contacted my local support, who keep saying there is nothing wrong with my file and neither this new version, althought they couldn't guide me to configure the right setup to this new version.

When I try Final Quality on a Mac, the same file works just fine (all render options).

Does anyone else have the same problem?

12 answers to this question

All RW Rendering is CPU only, GPU and drivers should not matter, like for OpenGL.

Currently there are often mentioned black RW Renderings in Viewports.

Does it work when you render your standard DL View Window with RW ?

If not, I sometimes had problems with Geometry in the past.

(Imported DWG Blocks here)

There was some invisible "virtual" geometry exceeding those Symbols that sometimes

occluded the light in some cameras view. 

In this case it might be worth to deactivate half of the geometry to exclude or find any

geometry related problems.

Edited by zoomer

@acsmHi what operating system are you on. If it's Windows 7 Professional you may have the same issue a few of our old computers had. 2017 was supposed to be shipped with a file that ensured that Renderworks worked. This file would be installed if VW installation found it missing. If you have Windows 7 Profesional I would call your supplier and ask them. @Dave Donley(VW engineer) found the solution that fixed all of our computers in a flash.

Hope this is the answer. Good luck.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Working alright here on Windows. Close Vectorworks and do the following to reset your preferences:

Then, reboot and retry renderings, if they still fail, get in touch with tech@vectorworks.net directly and they can get you squared away.

@JimWThanks for your return. 

I tried everything that was mentioned in this topic. Unfortunately none of them worked, renderworks still fails.

I dont know what to do next.

Follow images of both render. OpenGL shows the white box, while final quality shows a blank window.

final quality renderworks.PNG

openGL.PNG

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As mentioned before there are a couple things the Vectorworks Installer installs in order for RW to function on Windows.  If you tried running the VW installer again and restarted the computer and it's still not working let tech support know.  The quick way to see if RW is working is to create a new texture and bring up the Edit Texture dialog.  If it pauses a long time then RW isn't running properly.