Strange behavior in any corner of VW 2017

When working with VW 2017 I experience so much wired behavior over all tools that

I start to lose any confidence in VW. For me that is worse than in previous VW versions.

That may be all file related but it doesn't help much to know that your files and content

may corrupt over usage time.

To reach more flexibility for changes I tried to tune my Model to replace 3D Generic Geometry

by as much BIM Plugin Objects as applicable. I use Stories and Levels.

And in 2 days of work I experience things like :

I insert styled Windows in my styled Wall. One Window Style does as expected, the second Style

inserts them by applying an unwanted -0,35 m Z value each time, that I have to get rid of.

(Styles were once imported and adapted, settings are fine)

I have Slabs from Generic Solids that I want to replace by real Slabs.

I extract their Top Face (planar) and "Create Objects from" > Slab. Most times it worked well,

but for others, the Slab created jumps away in XY from the extracted Polygon and I have to

reposition them.

I can edit Slabs with 3D Modify Tool to avoid not being able to see the context when in Slab Sub

Editing Mode. But it will not work for the recesses. I have to go in contextless editing mode, or better

draw these recess geometries from scratch and replace.

When I edit Extrudes and want to snap to underlaying geometry, sometimes I can pick Vertices, sometimes

(mostly) not. Mostly Edges are accessible, sometimes even these aren't accessible.

Of course, intersection points from Generic Solids never have been accessible for me or work 2D only at all.

Setting geometry to not align after view changes makes my geometry jump anywhere out of screen whenever

I change Active Layer. So I set it active, this will not center my Geometry either but center Internal Origin.

So this way at least it will keep parts of my geometry on screen and I have to pan less.

Even the easiest tasks take so much time at the end when everything is unreliable and behaves arbitrarily.

I am aware of this thread not being a real help for developers to find and solve any of these problems.

Nevertheless I think it is good to mention how the VW experience can be in real world outside of an

lab environment. There is a need to look deeper in Tool Quality.

And my clients never care much about VW's limits when they design their geometries.

They never do proper L/T/X Wall Joining with structural Axes that cross at one point. They are always

slightly off. And for sure they will use complete different Wall styles when crossing or even along

a single Wall. And the jump in height or exceed Stories.

And they go on optimizing their Designs and change (Default !) Level Heights.

Edited by zoomer