Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Is somedy could create a little node for me?

• Marionette Maven

Hi @Jab_be!

Unfortunately, the link you provided won't be of any help. Marionette uses Python code, and what you're referencing unfortunately is in a different language.

I'll check with some people here in the office once they get in (I, of course, am an early bird) to see if we have anything in Vectorscript that we can use to accomplish this task, but I'm not sure that we do at this time.

Thanks Marissa !

Ok, it's the first time i'm playing with marionette..

Or, if it's easier, maybe could you write a script instead?  I can imagine runing the script after the marionette to apply alpha channel to All texture in the file?  Image for alpha channel is the same as the texture.

There is a code in Vectorworks Developer giving a code for the shader and the image mask that is (may) be used to create the transparent mask may be (_ImageMask = 19)
Still need to get a node to import all your images. Sorry can't help till I get home later in June.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Like 1

@Pat Stanford

When we edit a texture, in the field "Transparency" we can choose "Mask" and then we have a windows to choose which mask to use (image, greyscale, mask, color,....).

We can choose image or (i don't know exact name in english because my version is French but it's the second radio button "same matérial as texture?" 

And then Third radio button "alpha channel".

It's what i want to do : A script to convert ALL textures in the files to add automaticaly it's own alpha channel mask.

Edited by Jab_be
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Little 'up' to know how to finnish the script...

Reminder :

On 23/05/2017 at 1:51 PM, Jab_be said:

When we edit a texture, in the field "Transparency" we can choose "Mask" and then we have a windows to choose which mask to use (image, greyscale, mask, color,....).

We can choose image or (i don't know exact name in english because my version is French but it's the second radio button "same matérial as texture?" 

And then Third radio button "alpha channel".

It's what i want to do : A script to convert ALL textures in the files to add automaticaly it's own alpha channel mask.