Bi-folding sliding doors for Door Tool

Christiaan

Question

12 answers to this question

We use Windoor and it does handle this style of door very nicely. I believe it's not now sold outside of Australia and New Zealand, other than to existing subscribers, if I remember correctly, so it's not an option for most new users. 

The window and door PIOs are still second best to Windoor for most of our uses; the best features of all three wrapped into a new PIO in VW would be a good start.

• Like 1

My preference would be for the Window and Door tools to be improved/fixed. While I love WinDoor I actually prefer the Custom Sash Options in the native tool (at least in concept) over the tabular/dropdown interface of WinDoor.

But given a choice between carrying on with the minor improvements to the Window and Door tools and integrating WinDoor I would take WinDoor, no doubt.

• Like 4

So I'm struggling with this at present. We tend to use a lot of 3-5 leaf bifold doors around here.

I have looked through a few posts and came to the conclusion Windoor is the way to go, except "WinDoor is now only available as an upgrade to existing WinDoor users residing outside Australia and New Zealand. New licenses are no longer available". Is there now a solution with 2019? 

Is it possible to import it as a symbol if I was to create the bifold in alternative software such as Revit, sketch-up (or even microsoft paint!)?

On 9/13/2019 at 9:49 PM, A McDonell said:

OzCad, the Australian distributer have a much more comprehensive window and door tool "WinDoor" Includes bifold amongst many others. VW would just need to license and distribute it internationally I expect.

Asked for long ago.  No joy.

• Sad 1
On 9/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, Josh-gsy said:

So I'm struggling with this at present. We tend to use a lot of 3-5 leaf bifold doors around here.

I have looked through a few posts and came to the conclusion Windoor is the way to go, except "WinDoor is now only available as an upgrade to existing WinDoor users residing outside Australia and New Zealand. New licenses are no longer available". Is there now a solution with 2019? 

Is it possible to import it as a symbol if I was to create the bifold in alternative software such as Revit, sketch-up (or even microsoft paint!)?

NanaWall has some 3D files available of their bifold doors, available in SketchUp and Vectorworks formats. I believe the SketchUp versions may be Dynamic so you can make it fit your exact opening / leaf requirements; The Vw version may not offer this functionality. HTH.

https://www.nanawall.com/resources/bim-3d

10 hours ago, rDesign said:

NanaWall has some 3D files available of their bifold doors, available in SketchUp and Vectorworks formats. I believe the SketchUp versions may be Dynamic so you can make it fit your exact opening / leaf requirements; The Vw version may not offer this functionality. HTH.

https://www.nanawall.com/resources/bim-3d

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look at their products and downloaded one of their doors. They do have vectorworks formats but they aren't quite as friendly as vectorworks own doors. They are more just 3D extrudes put into a symbol. Still, better than starting from scratch!