Andy Broomell

Visibility Tool - Option to Ignore "None" Class

Question

I often use the Visibility Tool (hotkey "V") which allows me to quickly turn off a class by clicking on an object that's on that class. It's an easy, interactive way to hide things I don't want to see.

As you hover over an object with this tool, it highlights all the objects on the relevant class as a preview. If I have a large, complicated file, there are bound to be many things on the None class, and if I happen to hover over one of these objects, the tool stalls for a while as it tries to interactively highlight all of the objects on the None class, even things inside groups & symbols. It then stalls a while longer as it tries to de-highlight everything after you move away. Because of this, the Visibility tool essentially becomes unusable in large files (which is ironically when it would be most useful).

It'd be great to have the option for this tool to ignore the None class, because not only is the stalling annoying, but I never turn off the None class in the first place and never want to accidentally turn it off.

There's already a settings button for this tool - it could be a checkbox added there that says "Ignore None class".

Edited by Andy Broomell
wording

3 answers to this question