I Want Real Windows out of Window Plug-in Object

Every time I make windows using the Window resource plug-in object, I get in Renderworks mode windows that are totally opaque.

So I followed the suggestion that a tech person gave to me to change the settings under classes, and now the darn window glazing AND frame come out transparent!

THIS DID NOT HAPPEN IN VECTORWORKS 8.5!!!!!

Please can I have a REAL solution to this problem?

Set the glazing to glazing style 1, 2 or 3.

Set the jamb, trim, and other class settings to any one of the Style Classes (1-15)

In the classes dialog box, set ONLY the GLAZING STYLE CLASS 1, 2, or 3 class to a NONE fill.

Set the STYLE 1-15 class to a solid fill with whatever color or texture you want the frame to be.

It sounds like you set both the glazing and the plain style classes to have a None fill.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

Set the glazing to glazing style 1, 2 or 3.

Set the jamb, trim, and other class settings to any one of the Style Classes (1-15)

In the classes dialog box, set ONLY the GLAZING STYLE CLASS 1, 2, or 3 class to a NONE fill.

Set the STYLE 1-15 class to a solid fill with whatever color or texture you want the frame to be.

It sounds like you set both the glazing and the plain style classes to have a None fill.

Window problem solved.

Thanks!

Instead of the silly and incomprehensible 'Style-1' etc., one can and SHOULD change the pop-up menu items to suit their particular way of working. So, for glass, I for instance have 'Mat[erial]Glass-Clear', 'Mat-Glass-Grey' and 'Mat-Glass-Opaque' and for frames 'Mat-Timber', 'Mat-Aluminium' etc. Well, along these lines.

This is done via menu command 'Create Polug-in':

- scroll to the PIO in question and select it

- click 'Parameters'

- scroll to the field in question

- click 'Edit'

- click 'Values'

- replace the list with your own list

- click 'OK'

- select 'Default' to be what you want

- click 'OK', 'OK' and 'Done' (unless you want to make similar changes to other PIOs.

Note that you can also edit the default dimensions here, like from Imperial to metric.

Then I have standard classes with those names and the appropriate graphic attributes. In addition, quite often, instead of changing the glazing style, I use 'canned' class definition files to change the class attributes eg. so that all glazing is about 70% transparent - or whatever.

These class definition files are easily created by my free utility on the VectorDepot. (http://www.vectordepot.com/PlugIns1.shtml - 'Cloning around')

[ 01-30-2004, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Petri ]

John, if you have VW 8 or 9 & you have symbols that you found useful in an older version, you can still access these symbols. To do this go back to the older version of VW, save all the symbol folders you liked/used. Save the VW 8 or 9 file with a name like "symbols", quit VW8/9, open VW10, then reopen the VW8/9 file you just saved, and VW 10 will create a new file and your "old" symbols are now available in VW10. Just add this file as a resource in the resource pallet.

quote:

Originally posted by Jim Smith:

John, if you have VW 8 or 9 & you have symbols that you found useful in an older version, you can still access these symbols. To do this go back to the older version of VW, save all the symbol folders you liked/used. Save the VW 8 or 9 file with a name like "symbols", quit VW8/9, open VW10, then reopen the VW8/9 file you just saved, and VW 10 will create a new file and your "old" symbols are now available in VW10. Just add this file as a resource in the resource pallet.

Been there, done that. Good hint. Thanks.