Christiaan

Question

24 answers to this question

Yes!

This would need a lot of careful thought and consultation to make sure it actually ends up with something useful though.

There are various different ways of setting up door/window schedules according to size of job and number of repeated elements. For example, on a small job with lots of bespoke doors and windows which are all different, I might have a table-type schedule, text only, listing each door along with ironmongery spec and so on, with the doors/windows shown in elevation within the main drawings.

On the other hand on a bigger job with system windows and repeated elements, I might have something like what's shown above, supplemented by an ironmongery schedule by "type" rather than door number.

• Like 2

Jonathon this will work with both I just have to change the criteria of one of the nodes. Also with the new window insertion method being symbols it makes it easier, so you have to insert your window the new way from the dropdown not the old way.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

@ChristiaanI think so, it would be like creating custom door components you need to prefix the new symbol with wd-   and the symbol should call up. Just check with VW search criteria as windoor (AUS/NZ) will be different to VW window / door objects.

Actually I think this will work with any symbol, just change the criteria a start of network.

To discover what the criteria is go create schedule and view what option pop up, then try them.

I think Archicad has this capability, a video back from 2013:

Something like this with the ability to lista data beneath the windows would be great indeed.

What we do currently; we generate a simple front elevation from each window type, and then have all the dimensions and other data in a pretty massive worksheet. In the elevation sheet there is as little information as possible.

This works well enough, but doesn't work for complex system windows, as mentioned previously, only for simple windows that one is able to generate in 3D with the VW window tool (we don't/can't have Windoor!!  #¤%!).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JMR said:

simple windows that one is able to generate in 3D with the VW window tool (we don't/can't have Windoor!!  #¤%!).

I'd say that generally once you get to the point of making window schedules, you're quite likely well beyond the level of detail that you can fudge with the hopeless VW window tool.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, Christiaan said:

As of v2021 this thread can be moved to Wishes Granted 😃

See Big BIM presentation by Rubina, 2:50 mins in:

https://www.vectorworks.net/design-summit/virtual-keynote

Hi @Christiaan,

The features shown in Ruby's video are features we're currently investigating, or working on for a future release.  This does not mean these will be released in Vectorworks 2021.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 hours ago, Christiaan said:

Hi Christian!

As Matt mentioned, the features that I highlighted are not necessarily implemented for 2021.  This was to give everyone a better idea of some short term projects we'll be be undertaking for future releases.

Thanks!

Ruby

• Like 2
On 4/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, Christiaan said:

But don't just skip to 2:50 because OMG "3D Grid"!!!!

which sadly 😞 doesn't cover Elevation benchmark as that is on the future tease list. 

Still materials Yay so trying not to be greedy. 

Which does include a curious "Unit Plan Object" which I then thought might not be what I first thought it was and could be something far far more useful.  

• Like 1