I'm just learning about Worksheets.  It seems wall, door, window and slabs  are all represented in the choices for possible functions, but not floors.  Why is that?  

I've created a couple of floor objects and would like to create a worksheet with the names of the materials and sqft.

How would this be done?

Edited by minotto

Floors are a much older object than the Slab objects that replaced them.  They don't have components and so you can't get all the cool worksheet hooks.

You're better off using Slab objects if you want to use worksheets to extract data.

• Like 1

It be nice to keep them separate though, since they each serve different functions.

Thank you Michael.

Found out that =ComponentArea(1) function also works, this way you have control over which layer of the slab style you are getting read outs for.

Great.  I'm hoping they redesigned worksheets in version 2018 or will in the future to be more intuitive and integrated with a BIM-like simplicity.