Adding automatic breaks to viewports

RussU

Question

Hi Everyone.

There's a big thing that VW is missing over some competitors. Automatice VP breaks.

In another bit of software, I can define a pair of break lines, usually with a from and to handle.

This is different fro having two viewports with crops next to each other... let me explain.

If I have a beam which is say 5m long, with detail at each end (and nothing relevant in the middle) I can add automatic breaks to just display the two ends of the beam detail.... BUT... if I add a dimension from one end to the other, it senses it's crossing a break, and the dimension magically comes out at 5m! Easy peasy.

This wouldn't just apply to my industry, but is useful across many others too.

Also, I would like to have a new dimension type which combines a chain dimension with an ordinal one... so you get a cumulative total as the chain runs, with distances between also noted.

At the moment the ordinal dimensions are very clunky... they can't be dragged around or moved, so need to be redrawn each time when geometry changes.

Any thoughts would be lovely!

Thanks

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

We do large scal wall sections that we then crop down it fit on page. It would be far better to have one section with breaklines handled by the viewport to compress the parts not needed. 

It it would also be useful to go the other way. Breaklines in viewports to allow them to span sheets. 

• Like 1