Schedules

TKA

Question

I have to admit that while the general cad capacity of VW is great ( I have been using it since it was Minicad 3.0) but the worksheets and schedules are atrocious.  It just cannot be that every time something needs to be changed it needs another code - I am a designer not a computer coder.  There has to be default shortcuts.  Nobody has time to search for codes (most of the ones listed on the forum don't work) and all the time wasted.

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

+1

The easiest way I know to find the unknown & unknowable fields is still unnecessarily cumbersome:

Create a new dummy Database pulling the desired Criteria, Edit Criteria, Move the window out of the way and copy the field name from the worksheet input window.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 8.43.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 8.43.36 AM.png

Edited by bcd

Thanks, I followed bad suggestion and managed to create the database columns with all associated fields being TRUE.  I created a record with pop up choices which I attached to one of the windows which now shows in schedule as FALSE.  I used CUSTOM MODIFICATION to attach the record to all windows with the same result. I have been looking at VW help and different posts but can't find what I am doing wrong.

Alternatively, I was looking at WINDOW SETTINGS DATA and use that (it needs another script), but this is not as instantly accessible as the record format.

so I managed to get this to work using "user fields" which takes a little bit more time as it is not accessible via Info box.  However:

I have created schedules and all of them respond to Sort Acending, however, one of the schedules is not.  In all cases I have to numbers first for the floor, second for the door or window on that floor (two different columns).  All schedules go by the first column but the one of them goes by the second column which makes the whole schedule unusable.  I have deleted it and recreated it.  It happens when I change the criteria to include a different class of doors.

When selecting database header for one row only it grays out the Sort Acending tool.