Windoor ID tags not showing up correctly in Viewports

Vaughan

Question

Hi there,

Any thoughts as to why my Windoor ID tags are not showing up correctly in elevation? For context the elevation is created using a section viewport placed onto a design layer that is the same scale as the model plan layers (1:100). Correct classes all appear to be on, and viewport is set to display planar objects. As you can see in the attached image the tag can be seen, but the actual ID number is missing. There is no trouble viewing the IDs in any plans.

Thanks in advance.

window id tags.JPG

10 answers to this question

On 5/25/2017 at 0:37 AM, TArchit said:

@VaughanHave you managed to solve this because I am having a similar problem?

Thanks 

On 5/11/2017 at 1:07 PM, Terry Ackerman said:

I've only noticed this issue when the exterior of the windows were facing the interior or on a past version of VW where the windows on the opposite side of the building showed through. Does anything change after flipping the windows?

Hi again, sorry for the slow response. I have not been able to solve the issue thus far. 

Unfortunately flipping the windows does not solve the problem. It is very strange to me that the problem only occurs when the elevation is generated onto a design layer. As stated in my original post when the exact same elevation is placed on a sheet layer the windoor symbols will appear normally! 

Any other suggestions?

I'm experiencing something like this in 2020. Have a look at my uploaded images. The viewport with hidden line rendering is mostly blank with stray text randomly scattered around.

Going into the design layer in orthagonal/hidden line rendering reveals more text but not all.

Open GL reveals all text on the ID's.

Not sure how to resolve this.

1.thumb.JPG.8d555f74cd79f36f2be819ab65dbaaae.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG