Tools disabled in Design Layer - help

Saercoed

Question

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 hours ago, RADavies said:

I imported a dwg drawing and now all my Tools are disabled in Design Layer.

They work fine in the Sheet Layers.

So I cannot draw or edit or zomm etc - dead in the water...........

There is no dialog box hiding behind the main window? Do menus work as expected?

If you save and restart Vectorworks, do the tools start working on the design layer in that file again?

Cannot see anything which will stop me using the tools - may be simple solution but cannot find it or work out what i did to trigger it off - the only thing is that it all happened after I imported a dwg file received from a client ......

No dialog visible, tried reset in the Preferences box.  Tried turning it "off and on" again.  The top menu tools work, for example i can select all (Apple A) and I can copy and paste.

Tried First aid to repair any Apple issues which may or may not be the issue (iMac 27 Retina 5K running OS10.11.6) .    Nothing works.     It also does not work on my original drawings either now!

I opened up Vectorworks on my laptop and it is working fine in both sheet and design layer. I am not going to risk opening the dwg on that!!

Really weird that i can draw rectangles and lines and zoom on the sheet layer but not on the design layers. 

In the design layers I can press the relative button for the features but it does not actually work on the layer, even the pan tool does not work and the mouse image stays as an arrow!

The only other thing I have noticed is that in the top boxes it shows "no active plane"  but i have tried to change it to no avail!

Edited by RADavies