Is there any information on the horizon as far as upcoming updates to the program,  features, etc.   My renewal is coming up and just curious whats out there.   So far the program has done what I needed it to do,  but it sure has a beta quality about it.  And the user experience and UI do not behave the same on Mac vs Windows 10.   It's pretty frustrating.   I think there is amazing potential here with the fantastic VW integration,  but was just curious if there is any sort of road map.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Wes,

We do have a large plan on where to go with Vision and Vectorworks but noting that can be shared with you.

We have spent the past year doing a lot of learning about Vision and re-engineering many things so we can improve Vision faster in the future. 

We are working to get new and improved features out to customers as quickly as possible.  In many cases we are delivering major improvements with a service pack rather than waiting for the next full version because we want to get the improvement out to the customers that have stayed with Vision over the years.

The UI differences has been one of the things we have addressed during the re-engineering efforts, so you should see US issues address in a future release.

If you have specific examples of the UI differences please let us know here or via tech support so we can confirm that your issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Kevin Linzey
SPOTLIGHT FEATURES MANAGER
  • Like 1