Saved View changes

AlanW

Question

I Would like to be able to edit the saved view setting to cover more than just class and layers. Often I need to turn edges off and shadows on and off, change the render style for a number of the saved views. Unless i am mistaken i have to change each view then save over the view.

10 answers to this question

@Jim SmithHi, The saved views sometimes end up as a viewport but generally in a presentation you want to switch between views quickly and then start walking around from that view. So its not a viewport but a series of starting points. You might have one from the family room looking towards the pool terrace. Take the client there and walk out the door and around, then jump to another and so on.

Or I need them just to set View and Classes/Layers for the C4D or FBX export

and finally to come back to a normal work state.

(Should not be needed either)

I often need to update visibilities in SVs which works fine in Organization Palette,

but not so seldom I would like to change other things also saved.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Saved Views, in another use that wasn't REALLY their intended purpose but one that works very well, can also be used to configure a file as a sort of slideshow/powerpoint even in 3D. @Luis M Ruiz makes great use of this in many of his tutorials. Below you can see this in action around the 13:08 mark:

http://www.vectorworks.net/inspiration/industry-webinars/the-art-and-function-of-3d-modeling

Using them in this manner would also benefit greatly from the ability to edit them more specifically as requested in the original post, as well as in bulk operations.