Walk-Thru Very Slow

Has anyone noticed that when you attempt to do a walk-thru with a building that the process is very slow and when one stops-the drawing regenerates itself? This happens in wireframe-I haven't even tried it in another rendering option.

I haven't noticed this before, but yesterday I was attempting to do a walkthru with clients and it was very, very slow. Our User Group leader has noticed the same thing as well.

My computer specs are below, so anyone with suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Sam Combs, AIA, NCARB, Architect

Combs & Combs, AIA, Architecture, Interiors & Art

G4 500mhz Dual Processor

1.5gb RAM

Mac OS 10.2.8

VectoWorks 10.5.1

Dual Monitors-19? & 21?

Hi Sam,

Your G4DP is a great machine, but in my opinion it will never be quite fast enough to do "real-time" walk-thru's, etc. I had a 450 Dual and found it very tedious waiting for the screen to redraw- so much so that I felt it unfair to charge clients for the time. Consequently I didn't truly use the modeling/rendering/walk-thru features in VW's except on a cursory(sp?) level.

Now I have a G5 1.8 DP and the difference is beyond astonishing! I can actually fly-over or walk-thru a fully rendered (open GL mode) model in real-time.

As you might imagine my clients are even more impressed than I. If you can afford it....I felt I couldn't afford NOT to...

Peter CIpes