MHBrown

One or more operations were aborted due to lack of memory

Question

I'm using Mac VW2016 sp3 and this ancient bug is popping up again. This problem has persisted since at least 2008. Has it never been fixed? Why am I getting this message? I have 16GB of RAM and VW is only addressing around 500GB according to Activity Monitor. It also says I'm using 8.44 GB of memory total, about half of what is installed. Clearly, this is a bug, but is there a work around to reset it so it stops popping up? Back in 2008 and 2009 there were some suggestions, but I assume those are not valid any more. What is up with this? Why has it not been fixed...or am I the only one seeing it?

Thanks,

MHBrown

4 answers to this question

We would need to know what you were doing, what size file you were working with, etc when this error occurs in order to troubleshoot.

It happens with files of different sizes and there is no single tool or operation that triggers it. This time it happened after VW crashed. I opened the file back up and started getting the message. Let's assume that it is a correct message first. What does it mean?

Well if the error is correct, it would mean that Vectorworks is unable to address enough physical memory to continue whatever operation was assigned to it. However, make sure to get an example you're able to replicate to tech@vectorworks.net and have them troubleshoot it directly. I have not hit that error like we were seeing in those older versions in a long time.

I just stumbled across this same problem.  Most of the time I draw in 1/2" or 1/4" scale.  I didn't realize I was in 1:1 scale which seemed to be the problem.  I switched to another scale and the error message went away.