VW Marketing Images should include a how-to post

Kevin McAllister

Question

15 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

It is possible! Not super intuitive, but possible. See the attached file at the bottom of the post for how to set it up.

Screenshot:

591dcdcde6c8e_ScreenShot2017-05-18at9_36_35AM.png.9d65cc2b9226cdb33860e3df952505bb.png

Perspective Section.vwx

Yeah, I do know you can do this. But you can only cut it in one plane, not two, as in the VW image.

I also find those design layer section viewports rather unstable. One minute they are there and working fine and the next they are mangled or replaced by a blank X or similar.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, line-weight said:

Yeah, I do know you can do this. But you can only cut it in one plane, not two, as in the VW image.

This is effectively true. While you can cut away on a second plane by setting Length Range to "Limited by Section Line Length" (and positioning the section line accordingly), the cut plane of that second cut doesn't received the Section Style fill:

591dd6c27c996_ScreenShot2017-05-18at10_13_05AM.png.03a5b4cb6ab504d0b168af8d1c0ecd89.png

• Like 1
On 18/05/2017 at 6:17 PM, Andy Broomell said:

you can cut away on a second plane by setting Length Range to "Limited by Section Line Length" (and positioning the section line accordingly), the cut plane of that second cut doesn't received the Section Style fill

Nice! You could then fill it in on the annotations layer.

Edited by Christiaan

Hi

Really struggling with this.

Any chance of some step by step instructions? When I change the Viewport to Perspective, the view reduces to a 1cm square, and when I try to change the crop, it will not let me.

At this moment, I'm thinking it will be easier to produce the calculations required to land a rocket on the sun.

Mike