exporting VWA model for use in sketchup and cinema4D

2 minutes ago, marshigh said:

I don't know what this means?

Sent to Cinema creates a temporary Export File deeply hidden in your Computers cache folders.

Beside it does the same as the Export.

This is not adequate in your situation as you need the C4D file for sending.

Edited by zoomer
1 minute ago, barkest said:

Look at the image you just sent and you will see it as an option on the menu File > Send to Cinema 4D

Oh...I didn't see that option.

But I tried it...I (don't have ) a cinema 4D application to send it to....The illustrator does.

1 minute ago, marshigh said:

So am I out of luck? I'm exporting with the correct setting apparently, but it's yielding zero bytes?

Put a 1m x 1m x 1m cube in VWA and put a texture on it. Export to C4D and then put the file onto here and I will open it up for you (needs to be in the next 30 mins)

The export works fine (as expected). As for what you should send then its up to you to discuss with the illustrator and work out what is best for both of you. Personally I would take the whole project in one hit but as I say you need to discuss this.

The last export image is attached and is what I see in C4D - No issues at all

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 16.16.10.png

1 minute ago, barkest said:

The export works fine (as expected). As for what you should send then its up to you to discuss with the illustrator and work out what is best for both of you. Personally I would take the whole project in one hit but as I say you need to discuss this.

The last export image is attached and is what I see in C4D - No issues at all

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 16.16.10.png

RE: "personally I would take the whole project in one hit".... we are seeing that it's working now...great...and THANKS!!!...but how do I give the whole thing to him. The unified "model" saved view with all the layers turned on is what was giving me zero bytes.

1 minute ago, marshigh said:

RE: "personally I would take the whole project in one hit".... we are seeing that it's working now...great...and THANKS!!!...but how do I give the whole thing to him. The unified "model" saved view with all the layers turned on is what was giving me zero bytes.

it worked!! the only thing I changed was having the foundation/basement as the active layer!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.22.03 AM.png

Just now, zoomer said:

Yes, either a bug in export module

or maybe just a corrupt Plugin Object that may cause some trouble elsewhere in the future too.

But I will try if changing Active Layer would help for my 0 MB FBX export too :)

regarding corrupt plugin object....that's why I completely stripped the project...to try to rule that out. Out of curiosity (and FYI), I went back to the "unstripped" file, made the foundation the active layer and tried to re-export....nothing again. So perhaps there is a problem "bug" hiding somewhere. Thanks to both of you for your help!!!!....and patience!!

On 3.5.2017 at 5:26 PM, zoomer said:

But I will try if changing Active Layer would help for my 0 MB FBX export too :)

No, it's not that easy.

I tried to switch parts off before export to find the problematic part in my file.

Unfortunately all 3 parts exported fine.

When I tried again with all Layers needed I got my zero size FBX again xD

Edited by zoomer
21 hours ago, zoomer said:

No, it's not that easy.

I tried to switch parts of before export to find the problematic part in my file.

Unfortunately all 3 parts exported fine.

When I tried again with all Layers needed I got my zero size FBX again xD

I'm glad you posted about this...I was wondering.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:52 AM, zoomer said:

You could try to avoid that "point" in the export file name or any other special character.

I would also try to  duplicate the VW File with a simple name as that name may finally appear as Group Folder name in C4D.

were you referring to the "." between VMT-2139 and V4?

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 2.34.14 PM.png