Unexpected Rendering

Markvl

Question

This afternoon while working on a project I've been experiencing lag in my project. Every time I try to make a change to a door style the rendering status shows up on the bottom and I have to wait for it to finish, then I'll click to lets say include on schedule and the same thing happens and again when I pick lets say the ID label box, etc. etc.  What is going on?  I saved, shut down VW and even rebooted my machine and I still have the exact same issue.

Aaaaagh!  :S

7 answers to this question

Ahm, Rendering Status Bar ?

Which view mode are you in ?

Not accidentally in a RW Render Mode or a HL Mode that needs some time to recalculate.

Or do you mean the Geometry Update Bar that appears like when you change large Files

Layer Visibilities in OpenGL ?

Hey @zoomer  see the pic attached.  This is the general area that the "rendering status bar" shows up and yes the geometry update bar.  Same location.  What I'm thinking and this is related to @bcd comment that the thumbnail view in the resource manager is causing this render cycle.  Typically if you've made a new symbol it will show up in the resource manager in the wireframe mode and when you change the thumbnail render mode, this is when you'll see that render status bar show up as it re-renders the view in the RM.  See second pic.  I'm getting this re-rendering every time I pick something in the doors settings.

Digging deeper today to find the offending object.  May be my door leaf.

ScreenHunter_14 May. 03 09.23.jpg

ScreenHunter_15 May. 03 09.30.jpg

Edited by Markvl