problem with a student activation

Hello,

While opening the Vectorwoks I got the message that my licence has expired after a month, since downloading. Could you please advice me how can I get the student licence back? I have cheked my account and all the details are updated with my student card.

Thank you for a quick response. I downloaded version 2016 a month ago. I have sent a request to a student portal yesterday and I am waiting  for extenstion. 

Do you know how can I open vectorworks 2016 files in vector 2014, without export?

Thank you Pat :)

I do not have too much time and started to draw in Illustrator, until I will get the reply from the Vectorworks team.

Have you got any tips regarding file saving to avoid problems in the future?

I am used to the AutoCad and it is quite a troublemaker. 

31 minutes ago, magdabak said:

I do not have too much time and started to draw in Illustrator, until I will get the reply from the Vectorworks team.

Not sure which country your in but here in the UK you usually get an extension within 24-hours.

Just to be clear you did request and extension?

Alternatively to get you over the hump why not apply for a free 30-day trial?

OR

You know other students so get one of them to export your 2016 to 2014

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 16.03.30.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 16.04.11.png

Edited by barkest

No real tips on avoiding file format problems.

There are really only two options.

1. Always finish projects in the version you start them in. But if you need to do long term access, you need to consider archiving hardware that will run the older versions of the software as well.

2. Update all projects to the current version. This works great starting out, but can be difficult in the long run. I know one office in Germany that when they upgrade runs ALL of their 40+ computers flat out for an entire weekend to make sure all the old files are converted and available if necessary.

For a student, the best option is probably to stay up to date on the software and upgrade old files to the newer version.