Residential Details

jcaia

I posted recently about tutorials, but thought getting more specific would help.

What people are doing for traditional residential detailing - ie ridge caps, corner boards, gutters, etc etc???  There are lots of tools VW has to probably do a good job on these items, but looking for some sort of "best practices" resource (free or pay tutorials).  Id like to get down to the nitty gritty of how the best approach these elements.

I've taken courses in Lynda.com and other sources but its way too much overview stuff....things I already know.  My use of VW so far has been mainly 2d concept work (like below to show the type of work i main do in VW).  I've been moving from VW to Chief Architect to finish the modeling/BIM plans since so many of the tools it has are simple and specific.  Now, with some of the new features in VW Id like to look at doing all my work inside 1 app.  However, its kinda hard to find the resources for the type of architecture I practice most.

image_1312677905_c.pngimage_56259481_c.png  image_1383047431_c.png image_558526689_c.png

image_1510251975_c.pngimage_1635289847_c.png

Edited by jcaia
  • Like 1