Andy Broomell

VW Viewer needs to allow textures

Question

With 2017's "Renderworks for everyone" I was hoping that textures would work in the Vectorworks Viewer as well. I need to be able to send my file to someone who doesn't own VW and have them be able to use the walkthrough tool in OpenGL and see the finishes.  I understand not including Renderworks render styles, but without textures, the Vectorworks Viewer is fairly useless to our team.

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

Agreed, I'm sending BIM files to a builder to help them with take-off calculations, and with no textures showing up in viewer, they can't easily see what's brick, what's timber etc, etc.

Is this due to be fixed anytime soon?

• Like 2

So this is still an issue I presume. I just installed VW-V 2019 on my other machine to do presentation cause VW Cloud is so-so and on my surprise I got all white wherever I've applied the texture.