Sign in to follow this  
JYA

Site Model

Question

Hi there,

I'm having a problem generating a section containing a site model as well as other layers where the building is modelled.

Every time I update the section viewport with the site model layer turned on, Vectorworks will take a long time to load, eventually it will freeze and stop responding.

The site model was generated from information provided from a surveyor, the model is large and complex and contains a lot of information.

Is there a way simplify the model?  I have tried to changing the 3D view of the model to triangulated geometries, and reducing contours so it only shows contours every 2m, rather than 250mm.

Is there anything else I can do to simplify the model?

Or is there anything else I can do to solve this dilemma?

Thank you for your advice in advance!

J

3 answers to this question

If you used the surveyors 3D or 2D ploygons, make sure you use the Simplify Polygons... command from the Modify > Drafting Aids menu. 

Thanks Jonathan,

How much deviation would you recommend to allow?

I just performed the function with 0 deviation/distance, but the section update still crashes VW.

deviation would depend on the accuracy you want. If you are willing to accept 100mm deviation , then use that,. If you want more accuracy, use 10mm