Resource Manager

Donald,

In the top left corner of the RM, click on the minus sign "-" and make it a plus sign "+".

When you see the +  the RM will stay open when your cursor moves away. You can open and close the RM with a hotkey. The default is CMD-R, but you can change it to anything you like in the Workspace Editor. You can also click on the X to the left of the + and the window will close, (but I'm guessing that's obvious.) I'm not sure if the symbols are identical on the PC, but you should be able to figure it out if they are not.

Raymond

Thanks Raymond.  Using Mac.  I find that when I click on the little minus, sometimes it turns to a plus and other times it just opens or closes the drop down info.  Could be a Wacom issue.  Could be a design issue of making controls we use too small.  A lot of folks are using computers with a high pixel density to their screens, like an iMac 5k.  It wouldn't be the first instance.  But what you say does work.

I"m getting the hang of the resource libraries, but I don't like that the old generic objects are no longer available.  I used to be able to go into the VW folder in Applications and access various object libraries.  Now, if I go to "Objects-Building Furnishings" there is a folder inside called "Generic" which has nothing in it, and a file called "VWplaceholder.txt."  Is that typical, or did I perhaps not install something when I upgraded to 2017?

20 hours ago, Donald Wardlaw said:

Now, if I go to "Objects-Building Furnishings" there is a folder inside called "Generic" which has nothing in it, and a file called "VWplaceholder.txt."  Is that typical, or did I perhaps not install something when I upgraded to 2017?

VW2017 by default does not download all of the libraries. If you are online, then you should be able to see all of the libraries and just download what you need as you need it.

If this is not working, or you want to have all the data available when you are off-line, you can go to the Help Menu, Download Content and download the libraries you want.