SamBrownJBA

Viewports on Sheet layers delete when exporting or printing PDFs

Question

We are using Vectorworks 2016 (Architect) on Mac.

One particular file has started deleting viewports from the Sheet layers when we export them. This feels like a glitch.

The Navigation pane suggests that the viewports still exist - but they are no longer on the sheet layer than the Navigation pane says that they are on.

I've no idea where to even start diagnosing this problem - any assistance greatly appreciated!

Sam

2 answers to this question

When you enable visibility for all classes and layers on those sheet layers, the viewports do not re-appear? 

If you perform an Edit > Select All on those sheet layers, then View > Zoom > Fit to Objects, they havent just moved from their original location or anything like that? (not that they should, just checking)

1 hour ago, JimW said:

When you enable visibility for all classes and layers on those sheet layers, the viewports do not re-appear? 

If you perform an Edit > Select All on those sheet layers, then View > Zoom > Fit to Objects, they havent just moved from their original location or anything like that? (not that they should, just checking)

Its likely the visibility for the class the viewports themselves are in. If you click on a sheet layer viewport, is it in the class you expect? I try to keep mine in the None class since I can't imagine needing to turn them off.

Kevin