Street Lamp - Light Off and Day Time. How?

If they are light objects, then you can turn them off in a sheet layer viewport by selecting the Sheet Layer Viewport and then go to the visualisation palette and turn them off there. You can switch lights on/off in Sheet Layer Viewports independently of the design layer they were created on using this method

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

A Heliodon object is normally what should create the light for a daytime render, so that light object should be left turned on. The other lamps, should have their light objects turned off, are the lights within symbols or just right on the design layer?

You can also control thris via viewports, creating two viewports and then with one of them selected, use the Window > Palettes > Visualization palette to turn off all but the heliodon for the daytime render, and in the other viewport turn off just he heliodon for a night time render.

My Lamps are 3D objects on the design Layer.

I never did a Viewport for 3D. All I do is Render, Export Image and then import that Image into my Layout.

The Window > Palette > Visuatization worked for me to have the Street Lamps off. That is what I needed. Now I just need to find a way to make the sun come back while those lights stay off.

Edit: Im reading about "Heliodon" as its the first time I see that. Im not sure if in German the word will be the same. But Im going to find it out.

Edited by Pyjamas
1 hour ago, Pyjamas said:

The Window > Palette > Visuatization worked for me to have the Street Lamps off. That is what I needed. Now I just need to find a way to make the sun come back while those lights stay off.

Perhaps what you mean by 'make the sun come back' is that the Default lighting is disabled when you add a Light object to the scene. Go to View > Set Lighting Options to turn on Ambient light.

It is described more fully in this thread:

Edited by rDesign