IES Lighting

Hi, I would like to represent a GE Halogen 630 lumen bulb in VW. I go to the GE site and I can download IES files but I have no idea which one would be the one I am looking for.

http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/na/resources/document-library/index.jsp#q=*&fq=document_type:IES Files&sortParam=date desc&p=1&pageSize=50

That is the link for IES files but no further info other than downloading but then the file names are not obvious.

Anyone have experience in this area who can point me in the right direction?

thank you

@barkest- As Rob Books noted, in order to correctly use IES files, you need to know the specific manufacturer and model number of the light fixture (aka 'luminaire') that you want to use, not just the lamp source.

IES files represent the light distribution pattern from a specific, individual light fixture which is dependent on the specific 3D geometry of the light fixture.

Instead of trying to use IES files by specifying the type of lamp (e.g. 630 lumen GE halogen), you need to start by specifying the manufacturer of the light fixture.

Edited by rDesign