Jump to content
  • 0
lisagravy

Serial Numbers Switch Issue

Question

Hi there

 

I tried to swap my vectorworks serial number with a colleague's, as I'm running fundamentals and my colleague runs landmark. As my colleague is on holiday for a few weeks, I thought I could just swap the serial numbers over to allow me to use the landmark features on my own machine over this period.

 

I swapped the serial number successfully by removing my own serial number, adding my colleague's, and restarting vectorworks, but on activation of my colleague's serial number I have the error message below, stating that Vectorworks can't be activated due to being on too many machines.

 

I understand the reason for this, but my problem is now I can't revert to my previous serial number - as I can't open Vectorworks, to get to the serial number options to change it back! Vectorworks won't open without activation, which I can't do. Does anyone have any ideas? Can I assign my old serial number prior to opening Vectorworks so that it can activate properly again? I now can't open Vectorworks at all on my own machine.

 

Any advice much appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 14.29.53.png

Share this post


Link to post

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Don't follow ALL of these steps, but close Vectorworks and then follow just the steps that have you remove the plist keys:
 


Removing those will reset Vectorworks' serial number and prompt you to enter your Fundamentals license the next time you launch it.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
39 minutes ago, JimW said:

Don't follow ALL of these steps, but close Vectorworks and then follow just the steps that have you remove the plist keys:
 


Removing those will reset Vectorworks' serial number and prompt you to enter your Fundamentals license the next time you launch it.

 

Thanks Jim - I deleted the other plist files, but I can't locate the net.nemetschek.vectorworks.license.20XX.plist file? Which I'm assuming is the important one for me! 

 

I also don't have a folder for Vectorworks in Application Support? I thought it might be in there but it doesn't exist. Any help much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Just delete the plist files you can see, its fine if you don't see them all. We shouldn't need to touch the user folder to reset just the serial number, once you delete the plist files, empty your trash and then reboot your machine. Once its booted back up, launch Vectorworks and see if it prompts you to enter your serial number.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, JimW said:

Just delete the plist files you can see, its fine if you don't see them all. We shouldn't need to touch the user folder to reset just the serial number, once you delete the plist files, empty your trash and then reboot your machine. Once its booted back up, launch Vectorworks and see if it prompts you to enter your serial number.

 

I've emptied the trash and rebooted - it asked me for my name and company again, but not a new serial number? It just tried to reactivate the old one again and I got the same error message :(

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

In that case, get in touch with tech support at tech@vectorworks.net and they can walk you through it. (Otherwise, a complete reinstall will do it but that's probably not necessary for this.)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 minutes ago, JimW said:

In that case, get in touch with tech support at tech@vectorworks.net and they can walk you through it. (Otherwise, a complete reinstall will do it but that's probably not necessary for this.)

 

Thanks for all your help Jim. I'll post the solution as and when I get one! 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...