Great website for making brickwork Textures

Christiaan

• 2 months later...

Good find Christiaan.

I see the webpage allows you to 'save' the blend more than once to a series of images - all at the same mix % with a randomised result.

A bit more work, but this would allow you to build a larger sample image as the basis for your texture, thus minimising the dreaded image repeat on larger panels.

The mortar colours don't impress, but if you choose a colour that can easily be colour picked in PS (almost an alpha) you'd be able to replace with your choice of colour from your chosen supplier.

Photoshop here I come....

Designer 2017 SP4

Thanks @Christiaan!

Here's a similar website I've had pretty good success with:

http://www.daasbaksteen.com/en/Texture-generator/Texture-generator-bricks/page.aspx/91

It blends the chosen brick styles (up to 5), and let's you choose a mortar color/type and bond type (though some of the words are in Dutch).

Then it gives you a high-resolution image file (no need to crop) PLUS a black and white "alpha" map, which is handy not only as a bump map, but also for utilizing in Photoshop to isolate the bricks from the mortar if you want to further customize the image.

• Like 1