3D Objects on Plan View

I often have to indicate a cupboard above on a furniture plan. I have to group this as a hybrid 2D dotted line in a class A-Millwork Above and a 3D object that represents a cabinet in an elevation & or a section. I'm not interested in getting into the weeds designing the cupboards, just showing the intent in 2D & 3D. This is a pain as one has to remember to adjust in both classes when a things change.   Is there an alternative?

@Jim SmithHi, You may be already doing it this way but i handle this situation as attached. 3 classes for the Hybrid and saved as a style so anytime i create a hybrid it sets up automatically, then its just a matter of adjusting the heights as needed. High stuff I leave the cut plane set to zero while anthing i need to look down on i set it at a height above the height of the top relative to the design layer RL.

PS After you first set up the Hybrid click this bottom save asCapture.JPG.f5c8635dcdcfa0e773b2e8d9e1e90d2d.JPG (attached) and all will set up automatically for the hybrid.

Capture.JPG

Cupds.vwx

Edited by Alan Woodwell

I wouldn't want to show the ridges & valleys of on a floor plan. Conventionally one would show a dashed line to represent the line of the roof above at the roof's edge. Your illustration is good as it makes me realize there should be a Class to a Roof object to allow one to do this.