I am setting up a 10 storey building with 2 different apartment types copied multiple times across each floor.

I currently have one main model including external walls and party walls and stairs, and a separate model containing the two apartment type layouts. The apartment types are then referenced into the main model using Design Layer Viewports.

My question is how do I make the internal walls of the flat types attach or relate directly and parametrically to the external walls of the main model?

Edited by TArchit
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

A referenced DLVP is a container just like a Symbol, currently Vw does not have Styled Symbols and a direct connexion like the one you described is not possible, however if your interest is just a graphical appearance here is one way of doing it;

1.) Have the Unit join all the walls to the exterior and party walls as you would like to see them

2.) Select all the interior walls > Group > Convert to Symbol. 

3.) Use Symbol for the units, if used in front of exterior walls the unit internal wall will appear to be cutting the exterior walls.

Hope this helps

JC