Lighting instruments not focused in referenced DLVP

danm01

Question

Has anyone seen this before? I created a new master file to use for path animations, with the original referenced in a design layer viewport. The original referenced file is fine, but in the DLVP the lighting instruments are not focused.  I've tried refreshing the instruments, referencing other files, and creating a new master file from a blank template. What am I missing? Images below. 

Thanks!

Dan

DLVP with unfocused instruments:

58f7f1dd470a9_ReferencedDLVP.JPG.bd2a6703e5df6bf87749730bce66b641.JPG

Referenced File:

58f7f25cbedf3_ReferencedFile.JPG.38a3dfea91b4e245981f71fe38393256.JPG

3 answers to this question

Vectorworks Team, please take a look at this. I've attached 2 files: an original (reference test-original.vwx), and one referencing the original in a design layer viewport (reference test-DLVP.vwx). In the original, the lighting instrument is focused correctly. In the referenced DLVP, it's not. This is very clear if you render the model - you can see where the light from the instrument shows up. In the original, it casts a shadow from the focus point as expected. In the referenced DLVP it's pointed straight down. Is it supposed to behave this way?

Thank you,

Dan

reference test-DLVP.vwx

reference test-original.vwx