Hello,

I am struggling to get fixtures active in VW that will work for vision. In the prior version videos, it looks like you can convert fixtures with the edit vision data command. But in VW 2017 you can't seem to use edit vision data unless the fixture is in fixture mode: vision, which of course is not an available option. My next stop was to try to pull directly from the vision fixture library, which was supposed to come with he automatically installed plugin, but I'm not finding that anywhere either. 

Anybody know where I'm getting off track?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey there! The Vision and Spotlight libraries have been merged. To add a fixture now, just add the fixture you want from the resource manager, give it a fixture mode in the object info palette that matches the mode you want to use, then file>send to Vision. You don't need to run edit Vision data anymore unless you're changing gobos/colors on conventional fixtures, and there is no more separate library to maintain.