HEengineering

Teigha Library Error? When importing a dwf

Question

I keep getting this every time I try to import a .dwf file? Tried many times with a new blank file, along with many different dwf files, never seems to work? Any ideas

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 2.01.27 PM.png

Edited by HEengineering

13 answers to this question

I guess it reads/converts dwg/dxf looking at this https://www.opendesign.com/guestfiles

So my second guess is that something is missing or not downloaded correctly? 

and my third guess is can you convert the dwf to dxf/dwg and try again?

Edited by barkest

Normally that error message means the DWG is in a newer format than that version of Vectorworks can handle, if you can direct message me one of the DWGs that gave this error, I can try it in 2017 here as well as 2016 (Which I'm assuming you're using based on the icon color in your screenshot) and see if it's just the version incompatibility or an unrelated error.

We actually have 17 in house, I find 16 to be a little more stable at this point.  I have tested with the latest version of 2017 and doesn't seem to have an effect.  I was hoping that error would tell me something more?  I can send the file if need be still, let me know if you would like to.

If it gives the same error then definitely send me the file please, that means it isn't a version issue and is something we most likely need to patch if the file itself isn't corrupt, which is unlikely for a wide array of files being affected.

When I try to message the attachments it says it does not support dwf? Should I change the extension and you can change it back? Not sure the best way to accomplish this?

Should be fixed and allow DWF now, try again. If that fails, zipping the file then attaching should work as well.

Confirmed the same issue with the files you sent me, import report give unknown error. Submitting these to engineering now.

Thanks Jim.  This is somewhat of a burden because we often deal with this file format a lot.  Im not sure if its the way the files are being prepared and sent or what.  These are files clients send us to aid in design, but as of late we have not be able to access many at all.  

The files are a bit suspiciously small though, going to try opening them in Revit  Design Review as well to make sure they open alright there.

Confirmed, the files open just fine in Design Review. Issue submitted as a bug: VB-140891