Structural Member Tool... Missing profiles

RussU

Question

I'm having another go with the updated structural member tool, and am inputting a frame from an engineers calcs.

I can't find any BSI Universal Columns available in there. It's a pretty big and important batch of profiles to be missing.  Any ideas? Is it me doing something wrong?

I can get around it by making a symbol from a wide flange, but it's an extra step in the workflow

Also.... after I got around that, all the resize handles go mental... there's no rhyme or reason behind the crazy jumping around.

Edited by RussU
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

It looks like someone has erroneously assumed that that the Structural Member and Framing Member tools don't need to include the BSI Universal Columns in their selection set.   They should be included, as the Australian / New Zealand ones are.

The BSI Universal Columns are included in the Column and Wide Flange selection sets.

You should contact the UK distributor and request that they be included in the selection sets for the Structural Member and the Framing Member.

Structural Member.png

Framing Member.png

Column.png

Wide Flange Member.png

• Like 1

Agreed. It's same on PC and Mac.

Would love to have resize handles on the steel profiles.

Also, could you have a look at this on a mac for me, see if this is true.

Get a beam or column, or angle any length, and turn it into an extrude (ungroup high level object)... you get resize handles.

Do it to a square section (SHS Celsius, 90x90x5 for example) do the same, you get an extrude but with no resize handles.... ?