Clip Cube: cut planes from the back of the model showing (ghosting) through

Markus Barrera-Kolb

Question

Has anyone encountered this behavior – when I have the clip cube on and cut planes that are on the back of the model, at least some of the cut surfaces seem to ghost through. Haven't been able to rectify this. At best, this is annoying when using the clip cube in order to work on an interior part of the model, at worst it makes it unusable for client interactions / presentations. Hoping for a fix...

Cheers,

Markus

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 14.28.55.png

14 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, Markus Barrera-Kolb said:

...OK, so it's not just me! Sorry Andy, no word back yet.

According to Support, they see you uploaded a file but have no email from you. Any time you interact with support, make sure to email them, they get dozens of files in the groupdropbox a day but they can't monitor it for incoming items like they do the email inbox.

...looks like this one hasn't been fixed in VW2018 – I'm still getting these stray red planes from objects outside of the clip cube. Just submitted another bug report.

UPDATE: my mistake! I was inadvertently modeling in VW2017. Opening the file in VW2018 (now SP1) shows the clip cube working great – thanks for the fix!

Edited by Markus Barrera-Kolb
added screenshot