Markus Barrera-Kolb

Clip Cube: cut planes from the back of the model showing (ghosting) through

Question

Has anyone encountered this behavior – when I have the clip cube on and cut planes that are on the back of the model, at least some of the cut surfaces seem to ghost through. Haven't been able to rectify this. At best, this is annoying when using the clip cube in order to work on an interior part of the model, at worst it makes it unusable for client interactions / presentations. Hoping for a fix...

Cheers,

Markus

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 14.28.55.png

14 answers to this question

No I've not seen this before, does the same thing happen even in a new test file with a few simple doors/windows inserted into walls on your machine?

I don't see the artifacts in a brand new file with just four walls and a handful of windows & doors, but I do see it in other working models of ours...

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 09.18.31.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 09.13.39.png

Get one of those files to Tech Support directly and have them take a look please, they can attempt to replicate and see what's going on.

Thanks Jim – I've uploaded the file from the first example and an curious as to what will turn up!

Cheers,

Markus

3 minutes ago, Markus Barrera-Kolb said:

...OK, so it's not just me! Sorry Andy, no word back yet.

According to Support, they see you uploaded a file but have no email from you. Any time you interact with support, make sure to email them, they get dozens of files in the groupdropbox a day but they can't monitor it for incoming items like they do the email inbox.

I'm supporting a user who also has this issue and would like to get some insight into how the investigation is going (to avoid a double-up of effort). @Markus Barrera-Kolb what have you heard? 

Hello Jeremy,

I made the good folks at NNA aware of the issue some time ago but haven't heard anything back since then. Not sure what the chances are that the issue will be addressed with the release of 2018...

Cheers,

Markus

We get that all the time, on all our machines.  Particularly with saved views.  

Ditto. We are having the same problem in our office. 

I'm also having the same issue regularly:

59a50fe672cb3_2017-08-2908_54_50-VectorworksArchitect2017-1200_OOTE-001-004_vwx.png.a69e6c928844799ffededba80584a1a8.png

...looks like this one hasn't been fixed in VW2018 – I'm still getting these stray red planes from objects outside of the clip cube. Just submitted another bug report.

UPDATE: my mistake! I was inadvertently modeling in VW2017. Opening the file in VW2018 (now SP1) shows the clip cube working great – thanks for the fix!

Edited by Markus Barrera-Kolb
added screenshot