Help with simple door symbol

this ought to be easy .....    I attached a 2015 VW  file with a hybrid door symbol that I built myself.  I'm very frustrated that the door symbol, when inserted into a wall, has a large blank space (about 2 ft) to the right side.  My obvious thought was there must be a "stray" locus or 2D object causing the large gap in the wall in 2 D top plan.  However ... I'm stumped.  Anyone care to help ?

test_door_symbol.vwx

Mark is correct that it looks fine in 2017. I opened it in 2015 and see exactly what you describe.  I don't know what is causing it. It appears to go away if you add locus points in Top/Plan view at the outside edges of the windows.

On further inspection it appears to be a corrupted symbol.  It looks to me like the 2D and 3D portions of the symbol are not in alignment. You may be able to fix it by copying and pasting the 2D and 3D parts into a new symbol and then deleting the old version.

thanks for the help ....   I tried the copy and paste idea, and it didn't work, until I added 2D loci.   However, even though I got it to work satisfactorily, it still has an odd quirk.   Look at the attached image file to see that the symbol fits in the 2D top/plan wall nicely, but when I select the symbol, the selection box indicates the larger size that was the original problem.   I am perplexed, but I guess I should accept partial success and move on  ..... 

door test.pdf

I don't know what I did exactly, but in 2015 I was able to eventually copy and paste enough stuff back and forth between the 2D and 3D parts of the symbol to get it to work.

There is definitely something corrupted in the 2D portion. If you want it right, delete all of the 2D and redraw it. You can kind of trace over the side lites in the 3D part. It should only take about 5 minutes to do the whole thing. 

I tried deleting objects one at a time to try and find the bad object, but couldn't.  

If I traced over the 2D part of the symbol just on the layer and then deleted the 2D part and pasted the trace in the corruption continued. But I didn't exit the symbol after deleting the 2D part.

When I traced over the 3D part with 2D objects after deleting the 2D part the problem went away.