Drop Name field focus (Data Tab) upon hitting enter or return

EAlexander

Question

Hi,

I name all my objects and groups in the Name field in the Data tab.  This helps me stay organized in Cinema 4D upon export.  Once you have entered your name into the entry field, hitting either Return or Enter on the numpad will highlight what you just typed instead of dropping focus from that field.  You have to click into your viewport somewhere manually to drop focus.

I can't tell you how many objects come into Cinema named "x" as I hit the shortcut for the Selection Tool after naming something.

Please - let both Return and Enter apply the name and drop focus from that field.  Please. :)  Thank you.

e.

Edited by EAlexander
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

I'm finding that I have to click in the drawing area to remove focus on ANY OIP field.  This means two clicks to proceed with work - 1st click deactivates OIP (and whichever input field was in play), 2nd click can select an object or perform other action.  Jim W indicated in another thread that this is a known issue and engineering is pursuing causes and fixes.

-B

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Benson Shaw said:

I'm finding that I have to click in the drawing area to remove focus on ANY OIP field.  This means two clicks to proceed with work - 1st click deactivates OIP (and whichever input field was in play), 2nd click can select an object or perform other action.  Jim W indicated in another thread that this is a known issue and engineering is pursuing causes and fixes.

-B

^^ +++ in the parlance of my fifteen-year-old: "OMG srsly!?!" This is killing me. I am thrilled to think it may be fixed at some point in the future.