Referencing & Sheet Viewport Layer Visibilities

I have a project with two buildings, the second of which is at a different plan rotation and different vertical elevation than the first.  So, it seemed the best thing would be to create it in its own file, where it can be worked on orthogonally and with its own set of design layers, and ultimately referenced into the main file.

However, I find myself having to create multiple design layer viewports of this referenced building, each with its own layer visibility settings: one with roof layers off for the floor plan sheet layer viewport, and another with the roof layers on for its exterior elevation SLVPs.  On the site I've placed a third copy of the DLVP, rotated and positioned where it goes.  But for the site plan drawing, the roof layers need to be off, and for perspective views of the site, the roof layers need to be on.  So, yet a fourth DLVP, in yet another class to control which SLVPs it appears in?... 

Is there any way to individually control the layer visibilities of design layer viewports in different sheet layer viewports that share that DLVP?

I've experimented with Layer Referencing, and the design layers of the referenced building all show up in the main file (italicized), which makes it easy to control which referenced layers are visible in which sheet layer viewports.  But, as far as I can tell, there's no way to rotate the referenced design layers, which defeats at least half the purpose of referencing the file in the first place... 

Maybe I'm completely missing something?...

I was actually looking for a way to control referenced viewport layer visibilities in individual sheet layer viewports, so that they could each display the DLVP differently.  But, evidently, this is not possible.  I've ended up going to referenced design layers rather than using the design layer viewport, which seems to allow greater control over layer visibilities in viewports.  The main drawback is that in the file for the second building, the building has to be in the correct location, and at the right rotation and elevation with respect to the main file.  Which means working in "rotated plan" mode which, hopefully, won't be problematic.

Thanks!