Vectorworks Student - secured pdf query

A bit of an odd question but does vw student (or vw designer as I think it's now called) still have the same issue of only exporting secured pdfs?

I don't want to go through the hassle of re-proving student status and downloading it if it still has this problem as it makes the pdfs virtually unusable for an architecture student. 

Thank you!

The PDF will have the Vectorworks Educational Version watermark and will open directly without security. However if you try to do something with that PDF (i.e. put it in PhotoShop or something) then yes you are asked for a password as it is secure.

<Soapbox On>

So here's the thing. Autodesk give you full access to all of their products for 3-years for free and WITHOUT any restrictions. With VW they nail students to the wall and say 'We will do our best to hack you off because you are a student'. We will secure PDFs, we will give you one year only and then ask you to resubmit your ID, we will take away valid options such as 3D PDF, we will give you ZERO local support, we will make sure you are at the bottom of the pile on updates (actually Jim got this sorted)...... I could go on. Where students are on a course which offers all software then take a wild guess which one they gravitate towards?

<Soapbox Off>

Apologies that I am a broken record

Edited by barkest
  • Like 1