Unified View Usefulness

Hey Team,

We are having a discussion within the office that I'm sure many of you have had. We have had the question raised as to why you would ever have unified view turned off? Under what circumstances would have only the active layer rotate in 3D be something you would desire. thank you so much for your time.

In the time before Sheet Layers it was very common. You would place static 2d info on a layer (eg. title block, notes) and have it overlay on a 3d view of an object on a different layer. The state would be recorded using a Saved View. I used to have a 1:1 scale layer and a drawing scale layer (eg. 1/2"=1'-0") for each "sheet". If there were details I might have a third, differently scaled layer for those, also associated with the same "sheet". If I had 10 "sheets" then there were at least 20 layers and 10 saved views to recall them...

These days it would be unusual. I've even disabled the keyboard command to turn it off so it doesn't happen.

Kevin

• Like 1