Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Wall Connections Using Wall Node

David O

Hello Alan:

Thank you !

Yes, this new Py Script corrects the problem ( i think this is the corrected version  from Marissa right) ?

I think this revised script is still missing the joining of first and last wall right ? Do you happen to know if this was addressed in SP3 of 2017 ? 

btw: This wall creation implementation you created is awesome ! Many congrats !!

• Marionette Maven

@Alan Woodwell

That node hasn't made it in (yet).

We have a process that everything has to go through before it can get checked into the software. I'm not sure how quickly I can get it in, maybe the next version if I'm lucky.

@David - CADTEC

I'll try to further modify this node to get those last pesky walls to join today. As long as all goes well, I should have it done in a couple of hours (providing something more pressing doesn't come up first ;) )

On 3/31/2017 at 9:41 AM, MarissaF said:

Faster than expected -

This one should work, let me know!

I've added a checkbox to the OIP to let the user decide whether or not they would like to join the walls.

Marionette_WallJoinNode_MFarrell.vwx

Marissa... that worked perfectly ! And this option of Join Walls in the node is just perfect !

Thanks for such a fast response !

As far as i understand, once the internal script of those nodes are adjusted... we need to forward it to the customer  to adjust it inside his Wall Node (pasting the script...)  ?  Or can we pass along the whole node ?

Thanks again !

• 6 months later...

Hi Marissa...

Making some experiences with walls in Marionette in 2018 i just noticed that the wall node was not adjusted with this new Py script  you made here ... it's still leaving the walls unconnected  when used... should we keep sending this modified script here to the customers ?