Stair Display with Contrasting Stripes

I figured out a neat work around to build contrasting stripes into the stair tool. I couldn't find anything on the forum on this topic. I'm wondering what the forum gurus think, and if there are any other techniques out there worth sharing. Please see accompanying screenshots. I've also included the vwx file.

Method:

I created a hatch to be applied to  the "2D Solid" Tread graphic attribute. I made the hatch using gray colored parallel lines set 11" apart, with a lineweight that translates into 2" thick gray "stripes". I played around with the orientation until the first line of the hatch was inset from the tread edge by 2". The affect is that the edge of the 2" thick stripe ends up inset 1" from tread edge. 

This hatch works for 11" treads only, so it would need to be modified for different tread depths.

Also, while I was at it, I wanted to bake a Stair I.D. label into the tool. I ended up using Note #2 in Stair Data for this. Not ideal. Is there a better way?

Matt

Stair with Contrasting Stripe.vwx

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 10.15.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 10.15.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 10.13.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 10.17.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 10.15.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 10.14.28 AM.png

• Like 2