Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

WT.. HECK? Section Markers

Question

This has been a very long standing frustration. Sections Viewports' Markers do not play well. Can this be fixed please? Aside from the fact they are not user friendly to start with if one amends a section viewport's Marker the notation goes out the window. Since GOK ago, I have had to either create a new Section Viewport, or abandon the Auto generated Markers & produce one to my liking in the Annotation Viewport. Please, if the tool don't work, don't give me the choice - this is a frustrating  waste of my time!

How a Section Marker appears after the Section Viewport having been amended. (Reverse View, Width of section amended, Marker types reversed). Looks A-OK to me.

STEP 1.jpeg

Now one looks at the same plan, in the Viewport where the Section Marker "Lives", note the position of the Notation about  1.5 m to the right of where it should be!

STEP 2.jpeg

Edited by Jim Smith

2 answers to this question

one of the problems with the marker you are talking about is that if you change the position or length, it affects the section. Try using this tool, it allows you to place the section marker to suit your drawing. You can still link it to a viewport to keep the drawings numbers up to date

114.png

• Like 1

I'll try that Jonathan, thanks. Seems the Section Viewport is a is a vehicle driving about in the winter without snow tires.