Inserting lighting instruments on rotated plan

symo

Hi All

Having an issue when VW 2017 behaves very strangely when inserting lighting instruments when a plan is rotated (i.e a saved view).

Here are the issues:

1. The default position is zero degrees in the unrotated orientation - so you need to rotate every fixture to insert it at zero degrees in the current view. Can this be overridden?
  2. When using the Align/Distribute Objects function to evenly space and align the instruments, i get unexpected results 
  3. When I select the instrument with the plan rotated, I see the the outline of the the symbol in a zero degree orientation

Let me know if im missing something obvious of if there is a work-around

Cheers

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Apologies, I misread the bug I was looking at, it was regarding screen redraw not updating until you zoomed, which seems to have been fixed.

1) At the moment I know of no way to get the Instrument insertion tool to respect "up" as the new 0deg rotation when inserting, it's always aligned along the doucment rotation, I'll see if theres a way round this or file a wishlist item.

2) Align/Distribute when in Rotated Plan doesn't seem to be following any logic that I can see, it doesnt align them in relation to the original rotation nor the custom one, and distribute seems to only distribute some of the objects but not all. Filed as a bug VB-136953

3) I can't replicate this on Mac or Windows, do you see it even in a new document with a newly inserted instrument when using Rotated Plan?

2 minutes ago, JimW said:

2) Align/Distribute when in Rotated Plan doesn't seem to be following any logic that I can see, 

O.o

2 minutes ago, JimW said:

3) I can't replicate this on Mac or Windows, do you see it even in a new document with a newly inserted instrument when using Rotated Plan?

I'm not seeing this one.  Just 1 and 2.

mk

On 3/29/2017 at 11:48 AM, JimW said:

Apologies, I misread the bug I was looking at, it was regarding screen redraw not updating until you zoomed, which seems to have been fixed.

I am experiencing this screen redraw bug, with Spotlight Instrument Objects, which you say has been addressed. 

The attached image displays 3 MAC Aura, the middle having been recently inserted, but not showing up.

A quick tap on my 3D Connexion mouse triggers a zoom that immediately refreshes. 

This is however not ideal.

Please advise. 

Vectorworks 2017 SP3 (Build 356720)

OSX 10.12.4 Sierra

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 4.46.03 PM.png

Edited by cwinterLD
No signature with details.

My navigation graphics was set to Best Performance.

On your advice, I set it 'Good Performance and Compatibility' then closed, and restarted Vectorworks.

Repeating the action shown in the screenshot of my previous post, the fixture still does not appear without a zoom.

I am using the 'Move by Points Tool' with object retention mode enabled, to copy the left fixture to the middle.