djobbins

Lighting Effects in Webview?

Hey,

Is it possible to export to webview in rw format?  I'm primarily rendering event lighting, and would love to be able to show clients what it looks like in a 3d interactive space.  Things like lit fog, and lighting effect are kind of key for what i'm trying to present.

Thanks!

No - not currently. Here is a recent thread discussing Web View models being really dark because they lack any ambient lighting. Web View models currently only have one directional light (representing the sun), and custom lighting is not possible:

And a comment from Vw stating the current lighting limitations in Web View:

Edited by rDesign

On 27/03/2017 at 5:19 PM, djobbins said:

Hey,

Is it possible to export to webview in rw format?  I'm primarily rendering event lighting, and would love to be able to show clients what it looks like in a 3d interactive space.  Things like lit fog, and lighting effect are kind of key for what i'm trying to present.

Thanks!

Hi

Have a look at Sketchfab. (Www.sketchfab.com)

It's pretty impressive and may be able to help. 

Andrew

On 27.3.2017 at 6:19 PM, djobbins said:

Hey,

Thanks!

You should check out VISION from Vectorworks. Is somewhat a sideproduct but maybe suits your purpose.