Rotate tool, remember center

Benson Shaw

Question

Current condition of Rotate tool for a selected object:  1st click establishes center of rotation.  2nd and 3rd clicks determine control point and extent points of the rotation. After 3rd click, the tool "forgets" location of 1st click. If I want to rotate same object again around same center, or make a new selection and rotate around same center, I have to navigate again to the rotation center and click it, then navigate to the control and rotation extent clicks for each subsequent rotation.

For subsequent rotations around that same center, I wish for a mode option or key stroke to reestablish the center, and proceed to the control and extent clicks without clicking the rotation center. Workflow something like this:

•Complete an initial 3 click rotation.  Selected object remains selected. Rotate tool remains enabled.

•Press Return (or other key) or click a mode bar icon (check mark?) to reestablish the rotation center. The rotation center point highlights on the drawing?

• • • If desired cmd/alt click or drag a new selection. The Rotate tool remains enabled and continues to "remember" the rotation center.

•Click the control and rotation extent points.

•Repeat as desired - the rotation center is remembered for each subsequent rotation.

•Need a new center? Do not use the "remember" keystroke or the mode click. 

This is especially useful if the rotation center is distant from the 2nd and 3rd clicks, is off screen, or is densely surrounded by other potential snaps.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
detail

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet