Color Palette Manager Custom Color Creation Bug Mac.

Bruce Kieffer

Question

We had a user group workshop today, and all the other participants with Macs confirmed the same results. In the attributes palette create a new custom color palette or use one you have already created. Double click it to open the palette, and then click new in the lower left corner to add a new color. Name the new color and choose or make the color. Click OK... Now what? Everything is locked up. Click enough times and Vectorworks crashes.

Now wait like 30 seconds as Vectorworks relaunches. BLEEP! Fix this, it drives me nuts. It's besides the point, but really 30 seconds to launch?

As we investigated why Vectorworks was locked up we found the create color dialog box had moved behind the other dialog boxes. Move the other dialog boxes out of the way and there you will find the hidden create color dialog box. Click OK in that and you're back in business.

Click the color box in the attributes palette to see this window, then click the wrench and pencil icon to open the Color Palette Manager.

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.23.52 PM.png

Double click a Color Palette from the left side list to edit that list.

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.19.39 PM.png

Click New in the Edit Palette window.

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.20.13 PM.png

Enter a name and create a color by clicking in the white rectangle right of Color.

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.20.27 PM.png

Make a color, then click OK

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.28.24 PM.png

Now what, things are locked up it seems. The screen looks like this. Click around a few times, and Vectorworks crashes. Or...

58d7b99bd7254_ScreenShot2017-03-26at7_48_36AM.png.4a4d99704fa5f6f42f21d5e68ea6671f.png

Move both the Edit Palette and Color Palette Manger windows out of the way to re-expose the New Color window so you can click OK and get back to work.

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.28.45 PM.png

Edited by Bruce Kieffer

13 answers to this question

Hi, No i haven't actually tried to create custom colour swatches, unfortunately I just draw it now I don't get to design it now which is ok now at my age.

But I will try and see if I have issues. 

Regards

Alan

Thanks Bruce, I just tried something new and yes I use windows and all went well, it created another tab at the bottom for me to choose from. This is just another feature of VW I should use. Thanks 

Edited by Alan Woodwell

posted in the wrong tread - should have been here:

I'm showing how the color shifts progressively using the Mac eyedropper

per Jim W "Even in an overly simplified example, where I place two crossing rectangles, assign a random color to one and then try to use the color picker to assign it as the fill of the other fails. I get a shade that's close to the original but it always seems to come out darker"