wall in symbols and stories

We are shifting our workflow into using stories. In past multi-family-residential projects where many units are the same, we've put these units in symbols so that we can make wide scale changes to them. However, when creating a symbol of the units with wall styles bound to story levels, the walls show up as having no height. There is a story aware checkbox in the create symbol dialogue box but I'm unclear to what it really does. Do styled walls work within symbols or do we need a new set of unbounded wall styles?

Any tips relating to multiple unit type arrangements using stories would be appreciated.

Hi, Played with this and maybe I would do it this way if I wasn't using symbols.

Create storeys for unit types and include upper floors if you like. I like to use styled walls so I make them storey aware, one for ground and one for upper as these are inverably different. If I want to have a variety of wall finishes I would create different wall styles so I can swap different options in or out easily.

So all the wall styles hold the storey bounds and heights, not controlled by layer heights in the design layer.

Interested how others set this type of development up also.Will toy with symbols and see what transpires.

Multi-Unit.vwx

Capture.JPG